The Office Administrator will report to the Executive Director and the Community Impact Coordinator. Full-time position with these hours:
Monday, Tuesday -- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday -- 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday -- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The responsibilities of this position include providing administrative support for management, staff, and board and maintaining daily office operations. Responsible for interacting with the public. Excellent communication, judgment and time management skills, cultural sensitivity and discretion. This person presents as the face of JFS which includes coming across as kind, enthusiastic, and empathic.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
● Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and emails
● Handle phone communication appropriately
● Deal with issues related to agency security
● In charge of maintaining correspondence and mailings
● Send timely tribute cards and thank-you notes for donations
● Prepare tribute card list for monthly Jewish community newspaper
● Update and maintain databases, such as mailing lists contact and client information
● Update and maintain internal staff, board contact list, filing and storage systems
● Perform work-related errands as requested
● Respond appropriately in crisis situations
● Work with staff and board members collaboratively
● Committed to responding to the needs of a diverse clientele
Key Competencies and specific skills
● Excellent organizational and implementation skills
● Ability to prioritize and maintain positive working environment
● Proficiency on Word, Excel, Publisher and QuickBooks
● Problem solving abilities and attention to details
● Ability to use a data base system
● Respond to feedback and supervision
Must be flexible, articulate, a team player, and committed to working in a non-profit environment, three years of related experience.
Jewish Family Service is a not-for-profit social service agency providing a full range of professional social services to individuals, families and groups from all walks of life and all ages. To learn more, visit www.jfslv.org.