Do you know an outstanding young leader in the Jewish community? Nominate him or her for the 2018 George Feldman Achievement Award!
An exceptional cadre of young leaders have been recipients of the Feldman Award. First given in 1973, the award recognizes those individuals who have exemplified the finest qualities of leadership in volunteer life serving the Jewish community.
The award has a monetary value of up to $1,500 for participation in a mission to Israel.
- Should be between the ages of 25 and 45 by December 31, 2018.
- Should have demonstrated tangible evidence of promise in community leadership as represented by active participation in communal organizations, leadership qualities, respect for others, responsibility, self-motivation, participation in Federation activities, contribution to Federation campaigns commensurate with ability to do so, and interest in communal affairs over and above isolated programs.
- Should have demonstrated understanding of Jewish purpose of community work.
- Should be willing to participate in leadership training programs designed to interpret and develop awareness of community services.
- Should be willing to participate in Federation-related local, regional, national and international meetings.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO DESERVES THIS SPECIAL RECOGNITION?
If so, please submit his or her name, along with a short statement indicating the reasons for consideration for this award.
Nominations should be sent to the attention of GFAA, Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley, 702 North 22nd Street, Allentown, PA 18104 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with GFAA in the subject line. Nominations must be received no later than April 24, 2018.