The Jewish Community Center of Allentown sharpens the mind, strengthens the body and inspires the spirit of the entire community through social, education, recreation and wellness programs instilled with Jewish values, culture and traditions.
More than 95 years ago, the JCC of the Lehigh Valley was created to serve the needs of a growing Jewish community. We have established ourselves as a driving force in the social, cultural and educational life surrounding the greater Lehigh Valley. The entire community—families and singles, young and old—have come to play, learn, exercise, socialize and share in the cultural wealth of our community. The JCC has become our “neighborhood,” a place where Jewish and secular values and traditions can be shared actively in a warm, comfortable, vibrant environment.
The JCC serves nearly 2,000 members. We welcome you to tour our facilities, find out about our programs and become part of our extended family because there's something about this place®.
THE JCC AT A GLANCE
The JCC of the Lehigh Valley seeks to embrace the true spirit of community and is dedicated to the enrichment of Jewish life while fostering the spiritual, emotional and physical development of our members through all life stages and circumstances. We support Jewish values within our vibrant and evolving community. Our programming covers the diverse needs of our community from infants through our mature citizens. The JCC of the Lehigh Valley operates with the following four pillars in mind.
- Full-service early childhood education program, from infant child care through full day kindergarten
- The Zone and Zone Jr. offer an enriching afterschool program complete with transportation and classes for all ages and interests
- Stagemakers at the J, a youth theater production program for children 8-18
- All Camps JCC, includes Camp JCC, an eight week summer program at our picturesque 55-acre campgrounds in Center Valley, Stagemakers at the J theater camps, specialty sports camps, and Mazel Tots for our youngest campers
- 30-station workout fitness center with cardio and strength equipment
- Personal and small group training and individualized attention
- Free GROUPx classes, including Le Barre, Yoga, Cycling, Bars, Kickboxing, and Silver Sneakers program
- Extensive swim program for children and adults, including an indoor pool and outdoor pool at JCC Camp in Center Valley; includes Lightnings Swim team
- Sports leagues
- Open gym
- Celebrated basketball program
- Trips such as Broadway shows, social gatherings, and historic sites
- Adults at the J program experiences such as fine dining at restaurants, private art museum tours and game nights
- Community Israel celebrations
- Hanukkah, Annual Purim Carnival, and Passover celebrations
- Annual Jewish and Israeli Film Festival
- Art Gallery openings
- Musical performances, comedians and off site once in a lifetime experiences
- Family activities at the J and Camp JCC