Jewish Family Service of the Lehigh Valley, guided by Jewish values, helps individuals and families to live healthier and more stable lives by providing social services, professional counseling, education and community programs.
The vision of JFS is that no one in our community should suffer hunger, isolation, abandonment, emotional or physical distress, or lack of community support and caring.
- Professional Counseling through a staff of psychologists, social workers and counselors that are highly trained and skilled in working with people of all ages, whether as individuals, couples, families or groups. They offer expert counseling for stress management, depression, anxiety, phobias, bereavement, relationships and lifespan adjustment. Many insurances are accepted, including Medicare.
- Community Food Pantry which provides emergency assistance to individuals and families in the 18104 area, regardless of religion. It also serves Jews across the Lehigh Valley. The pantry is supported through generous contributions from our community and is maintained by dedicated volunteers and staff. Special attention is given at holidays. Donations of food and/or supermarket gift cards are always appreciated.
- Older Adult Services which address the needs of seniors in our community -- physically, financially, emotionally, socially and Jewish-ly. Our trained and dedicated staff is here to make sure that all Jewish seniors in the Lehigh Valley remain comfortable and connected. Services range from friendly visits to rides.
Do you have the gift of gab? A good sense of direction? A ready hand when it comes to organizing things? Do you just enjoy helping people, in any way you can? If so, there are many rewarding ways to volunteer at JFS! You can …
- Make friendly phone calls to people who are homebound
- Drive people without transportation to appointments, visits and shopping
- Bring holiday food baskets to homebound people
- Share a Shabbat or holiday meal with seniors in residential facilities
- Assist with mailings
- Help keep the Community Food Pantry in order
- Offer specialized computer and office expertise to staff
- Help seniors with spring cleaning
- Lend your talents and knowledge in any number of other ways
Prospective volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application Form. Call Beth Healy at 610-821-8722 to learn more.